Home / News / Teenager on sub took Rubik’s Cube to break record, mother tells BBC

Teenager on sub took Rubik’s Cube to break record, mother tells BBC

Teenager Suleman Dawood, who died in the Titan submersible, took his Rubik’s Cube with him because he wanted to break a world record, his mother has told the BBC.

The 19-year-old submitted an application to the Guinness World Records, and his deceased father Shahzada had brought a camera to record the event.

The Polar Prince, the sub’s support vessel, was where Christine Dawood and her daughter were when word spread that contact with the Titan had been lost.

She said, “I didn’t understand what it meant at that point, and then it just went downhill from there.”

In her initial interview, Mrs. Dawood said that the Covid epidemic had forced her to postpone a trip with her husband to see the Titanic wreck.

Suleman really wanted to go, so she took a step back and allowed them room to set him up.

Regarding her son, Mrs. Dawood revealed that Suleman adored the Rubik’s Cube and carried one around with him wherever he went, assuring spectators that he could solve the challenging puzzle in just 12 seconds.

“I’m going to solve the Rubik’s Cube at the Titanic, 3,700 meters below the surface,” he declared.

Suleman attended Glasgow’s University of Strathclyde as a student from the United Kingdom. British businessman Shahzada Dawood came from one of Pakistan’s wealthiest families.

On Father’s Day, the family boarded the Polar Prince, which included daughter Alina, 17.

Before her husband and son boarded the Titan submersible, according to Mrs. Dawood, they exchanged hugs and jokes.

What is now known regarding the sub accident
Rush, Stockton: A founder who defied convention and had a terrible outcome
How the Titan’s loss happened
She stated, “I was incredibly delighted for them since I knew that both of them had been wanting to do it for a very long time.

Mrs. Dawood characterized her husband as a guy who had the family watch documentaries after dinner because of his contagious curiosity about the world.

She remarked, “He had this capacity for childlike excitement.

When we reached the 96-hour mark, Mrs. Dawood claimed, “I think I lost hope.”

That’s when, according to her, she wrote a letter to her family. “I declared, ‘I’m getting ready for the worst.’ I started to lose my heart then.

She claimed that Alina hung on a little longer. “Until the call with the Coast Guard, she didn’t lose hope. when they essentially told us they had found some debris.

On Saturday, the family traveled back to St. John’s, where a funeral prayer service for Shahzada and Suleman was held on Sunday. Mrs. Dawood expressed her gratitude that the Imam offered a prayer for each of the five men who were killed.

In tribute to Suleman, Mrs. Dawood said she and her daughter would attempt to figure out how to solve a Rubik’s Cube, and she intended to carry on her husband’s work.

“He was involved in a lot of things and helped a lot of people, and I really want to carry on that legacy and give him that platform… it’s important for my daughter, too,” the speaker said.

Mrs. Dawood declined to comment on the investigations still being conducted into the event. But in response to a question about how she and her daughter would achieve closure, she responded, “Is there such a thing? I’m not sure.

She inhaled deeply and murmured, “I miss them. “I really, truly miss them.”

About admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *